Monday, November 10, 2014

Lady, I don't know you or your husband. . .

From the files of, you're bat shit crazy:

Phone rings at Wonderland.

I'm called over the intercom, call on line one.

Me: Thanks for holding, how may I help you.

Crazy Lady: How do you say your name.

Me: Pronounce my name.

CL: I've been trying to figure that out. You sent my husband a birthday card on my birthday. And I just wanted to let you know he is not a single man. He is not separated. I don't know what he's been telling you.

Me: Excuse me? I send my customers cards all the time.

CL: Well this was a very personal card.

Me: Ma'am, I we send birthday cards to customers.

CL: How did you get our information?

Me: Did you ever purchase an item from Wonderland?

CL: No.

Me: *Looking at the phone* Well, you came up in the database.

CL: He's not worth having and if you want to take him off my hands, that's fine.

Me: I don't know your husband and there is nothing going on there.

CL: So, your manager would approve of you sending this card.

Me: He sure would. *Thinking, bitch this card came from the Dollar Store and it was .50. How personal can it be?* What does the card say.

She reads it and in essence it says, Birthdays are days when the clouds roll away. Happy Birthday to a special person. It was actually kind of inspirational, which goes along with the alleged "Christian based" philosophy of Wonderland.

Me: OK. I've sent out plenty of those cards.

CL: I've called your cell phone and you wouldn't answer, so I decided to call you at work.

Me: OK. *Thinking, if I was fucking your husband, why would I send him my business card and why was I dumb enough to put my cell phone number on my cards? UGH!*

CL: Well, I'm going to keep checking into this.

Me: All righty then.

Spell checks my resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment